Staggeringly Good brewed a single wort, then divided it into two batches – two divine IPA’s divided at birth. They then created this big fruity juicy New England IPA and its crisp, delicious West Coast twin.
Brewers notes – New England IPA Edition
- We added a small amount of bittering hops just to tame the boil and give a touch of IBU’s.
- At the end of the boil we transferred half the wort into FV 1 with no late addition hops.
- We added a blend of ESB and New England ale yeast both of which leave a decent amount of sweetness in the final beer.
- Towards the end of fermentation we added 20g/L of a blend of Idaho 7, BRU-1 and Citra BBC dry hop.
- We chilled and topped up the carbonation in the beer to 2.3 volumes of CO2 for a soft, squashy mouthfeel ready for canning.