Staggeringly Good brewed a single wort, then divided it into two batches – two divine IPA’s divided at birth. They then created this crisp, delicious West Coast IPA and its fruity juicy NEIPA twin.
Brewers notes – West Coast IPA Edition
- We added a small amount of bittering hops just to tame the boil and give a touch of IBU’s.
- At the end of the boil, the remaining wort that was left after the first transfer was whirl-pooled with cascade hops at 94 degrees for 20 minutes to add bitterness and that ‘Westie’ Cascade flavour and aroma.
- We then transferred this wort into FV2 and fermented with US-05 which is highly attenuative and flocculates out really nicely helping with clarity.
- After fermentation we added 15g/L of a blend of Equinot & Amarillo dry hop.
- We chilled and topped up the carbonation in the beer to 2.5 volumes of CO2